No Doubt fans -including myself- had been waiting for this 11 years! Gwen Stefani’s band have reunited and are releasing a new album this September, the first one after Rock Steady, which hit the shops in 2001.
The video for Settle Down, first single of Push and Shove, just premiered last night and here it is, fresh out of the oven!
When I first listened to the song yesterday, I wasn’t really sure about it, but after a few times I must admit that it’s catchy and sounds better than Rock Steady (probably my least favourite No Doubt album, although I love Hella Good).
Here are some thoughts on the video:
1) Gwen Stefani never gets old. Who could tell she’s 42?
2) Tony doesn’t get old either.
3) I like Gwen’s outfit choices, mixing the looks from her early years in No Doubt with the aesthetic of the previous album. I’m also glad that she didn’t go Japanese-crazy like in her solo albums.
4) We had seen brands advertising their products on music videos before, but maybe not in a so obvious way.
5) The intro to the video is quite horrible although I like the idea of the band reuniting.
What do you think of No Doubt Settle Down video /song? Are you looking forward to the new album? Let us know in the comments section below!