Too rushed off your feet to keep up with the latest in Lindsay Lohan’s law issues? Here are five items to keep your watercooler chat top notch.
5. Pippa Middleton has come under fire for shopping around a $1.5 million party planning book deal. Why? Daily Beast writer Tom Sykes says:
The sight of minor royals and royals-in-law… cashing in on their regal connections irritates the Great British public at the best of times, but there could scarcely be a worse time for Pippa to be hawking a $1.5 million book deal around the publishing world… it’s hardly the perfect moment, culturally, for a privileged young lady who will one day be the queen’s sister to be bringing out a guide to entertaining in style, especially when Kate is the woman who can do no wrong, engaging in thoroughly worthy pursuits such as raising the profile of UNICEF in drought-hit Kenya.
4. Lindsay Lohan has staved off her impending jail sentence due to having to reshoot her Playboy photos. The American legal system is magical.
In other news, they still haven’t cleared up what exactly that shoot is going to entail in terms of nudity..
3. This week in really heartwarming anecdotes, Michelle Williams revealed she kept her pixie cut in honour of Heath Ledger. She says:
I cut it for the one straight man who has ever liked short hair and I wear it in memorial of somebody who really loved it.
Yeah, we’re gonna need a tissue.
2. The main cast of Twilight got their hand prints immortalised on the Walk of Stars at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. Truly, it was a moment for the ages. (we still say Taylor Lautner is so not getting out of the Twilight franchise with a functioning career. One word: Abduction)
1. After weeks of speculation, denial and Joe Simpson probably farming the story out to every glossy under the sun, former teen singer and tacky shoe mogul Jessica Simpson is finally officially pregnant. She announced that she was going to be a ‘mummy’ on Twitter while dressed up as a mummy. Not that this has been surprising for at least the past few months.
What do you think’s worth mentioning from this week? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.