It’s time for our weekly roundup of need-to-know gossip from the world of celebrity!
5. GQ finally got a kinda sorta confimation that Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have been dating for the past forever. She let slip: “my boyfriend is English” in an interview, basically. According to K-Stew though, it was so obvious.
4. Rihanna got to the first of her 10 sold out shows at the O2 arena by riding the Tube. It’s nice when celebrities prove they’re just like us.
3. University of Essex awarded Kylie Minogue an honorary doctorate this Wednesday. It’s mainly for the work she’s done in promoting breast cancer awareness, but we’d argue she also deserves one for the entire X album. For contributions to getting down on the dancefloor.
2. Adele had to cancel ten shows in the US because of hemorrhaging vocal chords, which sounds a bit like something you’d see in a scary movie though it’s about 1/3 as horrific as you’d expect. She said on her blog:
Guys, im heartbroken and worried to tell you that yet again im experiencing problems with my voice. its ridiculous i know! i cant believe it myself… I have a hemorrhage again and it is paramount that I rest and therefore wont be able to come and do these already rescheduled U.S shows which are due to start this friday in atlantic city… I simply hate letting you down… Please have faith in me that this is the only thing I can do to make sure I can always sing and always make music for you to the best of my ability. Truly yours and yours only forever, Adele xx.
1. Thomas Jane, aka The Punisher and That Dude on that HBO Show about the Manho let it slip in an interview this week that he was gay for pay to make ends meet for a while. All part of a ploy to make good with the Gay Community after a few disparaging comments he made last season of Hung? We hope not, because his PR should probably be fired if that’s the case.
Pick up on anything interesting this week that we missed? Tell us in the comments section below.