Didn’t think you were going to get away from the latest goings on in Hollywood gossip that easy, right? Five topics from this week to improve your watercooler banter.
5. Today’s news item that’s going to make you feel hella old: Hilary Duff is pregnant! Isn’t there something in their contracts that forbids Disney stars from growing up? Please?
4. Abercrombie & Fitch may not appreciate Jersey Shore, but at least someone in Corporate America does. Phillips Norelco just cast Vinny Guadagnino as the face of pubescent pre-beards everywhere in its back to school campaign.
3. TLC has gone and canceled Kate Plus Eight. Jon rejoices, Kate takes to Twitter to rally her fans (maybe “fans” doesn’t work here, more like “onlookers”?) So where are we supposed to go for our weekly dose of televised child exploitation now? Well, other than 19 Kids and Counting, Toddlers and Tiaras, Dance Moms…
2. Jennifer Hudson lost 80lbs, got onto the cover of SELF and said “I’m prouder of my weight loss than my Oscar!” One step forward for Hollywood weight standards, two steps back for feminism.
1. Madonna, 53, celebrated her birthday with 24 year old French dancer Brahim Zaibat. High five Madge, still got it! But we mostly wanted to share the news because of Liz Jones’ article on it in the Daily Mail.